Zbożenna for a long time has been associated with the Dunin family. In the middle of the 18th century the property was purchased by Karol Szydłowski. It was a period of the greatest splendour of these goods. There was a theatre and a chapel, the court orchestra and the beautiful park with a zoo. After Szydłowski's death in 1811, the palace changed its owners. We owe the last of them, Kazimierz Witwicki, adding a terrace to garden façade of the building.